Re: gotrieve agents xml rpc soap rss

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/5/2000; 5:28:45 AM
Topic:gotrieve agents xml rpc soap rss

Yes Tom, it is a lot like Frontier. It would be easy to do what it does in Radio UserLand. And of course Radio UserLand does a lot more.

We offered Chuck the Frontier source code base when he started work on it, and midway through the work, but he wanted to blaze his own trail. This had a negative impact on our friendship, but now we're rebuilding it. It can be valuable to have a competitor, even if we wish we had co-developed it with him. Bygones are bygones. Of course we're going to watch his product carefully, and hopefully they aren't taking out patents on our innovations (Chuck?) so we can all learn from each other. I love Chuck, that's not going to change anytime soon, I'm sure.