Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Ken MacLeod

Note: I didn't speak for the members of those lists, just as I wouldn't presume to speak for the users (which I, like you, occasionally do, erringly). I simply tallied the opinions expressed there, which speak for themselves.

I think the core of this entire snafu is based on the answer to this one question: given two good RSS guides, one without namespaces and one with, and otherwise identical, does the benefit of namespaces outweigh the costs?

I disagree that this is only about the users, this is also about developers and designers, but I would weight the answers from users far more heavily than that of the others.

My bets would be on the answer, from the user base, being "There's a cost? I don't see it."