Re: Amazon's Cluelessness

Author:Tom von Alten
Posted:9/5/2000; 8:18:58 PM
Topic:Amazon's Cluelessness

Hmm, well you've got Jeff Bezos' address, why not just send him a note?

When the flap started, I was prepared to get up in arms, but after I actually read their new policy, it seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

Lots of companies have some information about me, change their policies about it, and I never know about it. Amazon's initiative to notify their past customers seems clueful to me.

Their failure to acknowledge a request to be taken off their list is clueless, but of a garden variety. Most everyone does that.