Re: Python in Frontier

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:9/7/2000; 6:31:13 PM
Topic:Python in Frontier

If you look at the way ZODB was done (the heart of Zope), and at the way the Win32COM layer for Python was done, it seems to me that we could write some Python code that uses Win32COM to make access into the ODB seamless.

Read this page:

http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$1036

It describes how to call PerlScript etc. from Frontier -- *and* how to call back into Frontier.

Theoretically, without any kernel changes at all, you could do this with Python's Active Scripting support.

About tagging scripts in Frontier as being Python scripts -- the Mac version of Frontier already supports this. You can choose between Frontier, AppleScript, and any other OSA language via a popup menu. So it's an issue with a known solution.