RU Tip Jar

Author:Walter Ludwick
Posted:9/8/2000; 7:49:17 AM
Topic:OSS religion in USERland? C'mon!

Re: "... watch for the Radio UserLand tip jar. We will eventually ask for money."

I am truly pleased to hear this. If anyone can take the concept of "Tip Jar" that Ms. Love announced to the world, and bring it down from the realm of the airy-fairy to the concrete, i think DaveW is precisely the man for the job. Personally, i want to see RU services flourish, ideally on some sort of micropayment or reasonable monthly subscription basis.

However, i do worry about that old knee-jerk effect that a lot of users are probably going to have when the T's & C's of useage change. To avoid that, Dave, i wonder if you'd be willing to moderate a truly open disussion of what might be coming right on these Userland boards?

I strongly suspect that there's enough enthusiastic support of the concept here among users that are evidently well-heeled enough to pay the tab, whatever it might be, that we should all see this business model take a very workable shape right before our eyes. |/|/