Re: Throwing a curve ball

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/9/2000; 7:32:52 AM
Topic:Guido and Richard

Well, no I don't want to route around another programmer's license agreement. But then again I don't see a line, or there's a lack of definition. If, as a user, I run a piece of open source software does that mean that I have to quit all commercial apps before doing so? What if the commercial app and the open source app both support COM? Hey, then there would be no open source apps for Windows, which after all, is commercial. I wonder how this gets resolved. Has Stallman spoken on this? Should there be open source development for Windows and Mac?