Re: Do applications differ from libraries?

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/9/2000; 2:36:07 PM
Topic:Guido and Richard

David Rothgery: ...but they've certainly done more to popularize it than anyone else...

I didn't notice that. Maybe that follows from so many developers giving them so much attention. (But in that case, credit for popularity seems a little tautological.)

David Rothgery: ...but the people who popularize a new (good) idea and make it work reasonably well deserve more than a little credit.

Yes, I like to see credits and debits handed out fairly. David Rothgery: Apple deserves a lot of credit for doing the same with GUIs.

Maybe I'm consistent after all. I give Apple little credit for that. Or maybe I did once and later exhausted the balance in the good will account, or something. The first Mac UI was quite admirable, though.

Okay, okay, I should notice when I'm blundering into a popularity contest and stay out. It always makes me want to clown and play pranks.