Re: More GPL examples

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/10/2000; 2:52:43 PM
Topic:Guido and Richard

Eric Kidd: David McCusker asks if people ever make open source software proprietary:

No, I meant specifically to ask whether folks can cite that people have ever made public domain software proprietary. There's a huge difference between public domain and open source.

(I don't want to talk about open source politics. I only want to talk about public domain. As the topic shifts to open source instead, I get disgruntled since I feel like a foil for someone else's propaganda.)

Eric Kidd: Such gratitude. This is basically why the GPL exists.

I'm really pretty upset that my question was used to argue for the rationale of the GPL. I'm trying not to let it get my blood up.