Being taken seriously.

Author:David Brown
Posted:9/11/2000; 2:09:47 PM
Topic:fork

the most fundamental of all human needs is the need to be taken seriously. Everything else flows from that.

Wow. I'm just going to sit under that one for a while, and let it sink in into my bones.

That's one of those statements that just radiates truth, is completely obvious, and yet I just hadn't seen it before.

I can easily recall many times where I got pissed off because I wasn't taken seriously, and I can recall many times where people have gotten angry with me because I didn't take them seriously.

Playing like adults doesn't have to be hard, and taking each other seriously is the first step.

Wow.

dave