Re: Thank you Dave & might be my last post here

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/12/2000; 7:08:13 AM
Topic:Discuss by email?

Kishore, I am in a fine mood, probably one of the finest moods in all the time you've "known" me.

Just shows how hard it can be to peer through the net connection and get a sense of who's talking and what their body chemistry is like at any particular moment.

(My moods change all the time, just like everyone else. In the evenings I tend to be tired, in the mornings before coffee, a little sticky, and prime-time morning, I am alive and awake and humming. But even that program isn't always running. Sometimes my body gets sick and that effects my mood too. One of the big fallacies of Internet communication is that people can and should present a consistent mood. People can't do that.)

I don't want emails to be sent from DG postings here. It's that simple. I don't want it.

This is not a majority rule place. Of course many Internet mail lists are "minority rule" places, all it takes is one objection to stop something. This is another one of those places. The minority that rules is me.

Now if you ask, respectfully, why I don't want it, I would be happy to explain.