HTML to PS/PDF - It can be done!

Author:Ralph Hempel
Posted:9/12/2000; 8:28:59 AM
Topic:HTML to PS/PDF - It can be done!

A fellow programmer that wants/needs to convert his online HTML manual to dead-tree format found the following product buried in the Adobe website...and it's not from Adobe. It's free to download, support costs $US 99 if you like it.

http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc

What it seems to do (I only gave it a brief test) is convert an HTML document (including links) to a PDF. Images etc are conserved. It's available for just about everything BUT the Mac. Source code is available too for the strong of heart. GUI and command-line operation is possible, so it's callable from a script (I think).

I know that we should make more things available online, but when I'm doing a seminar, or writing a chapter in a book, sometimes I need a way to actually put my Frontier content into print.

Try it, feedback results to this group if you have any.

Note: I have absolutely no commercial or personal interest in the product, I'm only posting here because the question comes up from time to time.

Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng.