Re: Music and software

Author:David Brown
Posted:9/12/2000; 8:35:49 AM
Topic:Music and software

Software can also be expression, art and revolution.

Yes yes yes!

The only other people in my life that seem to understand this are my wife and an artist friend of hers. They are both glass artists.

The reason I know that software is an art is that no matter how much is written about methodology and planning and design, it still boils down to a creative spark. It doesn't matter how hard I try to describe what I do to solve a problem, I keep using terms like "It felt right."

And good software has an intense sort of beauty. I just wish I could share it with more non-programmers.

dave