Re: Music and software

Author:Brad Pettit
Posted:9/12/2000; 11:58:40 PM
Topic:Music and software

I believe that when software is art, one tends to forget about many of its shortcomings, no longer treating it as a mere tool, nor holding it up to the same standards as other related tools.

I recall reading letters about the MORE outliner (not the slides or tree charts) in which users were nearly pleading that particular shortcomings would be addressed, the level of emotion far surpassing what one might expect from a complaint about a lacking feature in a software package.

I've noticed that "the groove" feels very much alike whether I hit it when writing software or music -- whether or not the products of the moment would qualify as art isn't my place ;-).