Re: HTML to PS/PDF - It can be done!

Author:Ralph Hempel
Posted:9/12/2000; 10:00:27 AM
Topic:HTML to PS/PDF - It can be done!

I got the link from a friend - I had browsed the Adobe site last week but did not find this link at that time. I know Adobe has the HTML to PDF feature in Acrobat 4.0, but it's yet another big application to buy and load. If this little app can do most of what I need for the $US 99 support fee, I'll be happy.

The web app on the Acrobat site requires a monthly or annual subscription, and it's not necessarily immediate feedback. Besides, it's a good idea but a horrible use of net bandwidth. Most of us have fast CPUs on our desks, why not use them for stuff they're good at, like format conversion...

I'll keep the group updated on my progress with this product.

Cheers, Ralph Hempel P.Eng.