Re: It's about changes

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/12/2000; 11:04:31 AM
Topic:Discuss by email?

Dave Winer: This, imho, is realistic, because everything is always changing. Seasons, the position of the earth relative to the rest of the universe, our bodies change as they age, so do our emotional and intellectual bodies.

Yeah, things change constantly, and the really big challenge is to see this as natural and grasp some inkling of what will happen next.

This is why I'm often so dismayed many folks pursue some one true way, because this is so far from a more useful appreciation of change. A firm belief in static truth can really impede a better grasp of dynamic truth.

I feel most at one with the world when I know what's going to happen next, even when this is through a veil of change. Nothing else makes me feel nearly as clever. Paying homage to any one unchanging idea never gives me a similar thrill.