ScriptingNews format and Rss

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:9/13/2000; 10:22:21 PM
Topic:ScriptingNews format and Rss

How do ScriptingNews and Rss Xml formats relate, in terms of the rss complexity explosion?

I've seen the parallel evolution. (to 0.91/2.0b1) I've seen that they're pretty close to each other. My manila site produces both of them without much effort on my part.

The only major difference that I've noticed in typical use is that the rss feed requires exactly one link per item. So for example, my typical home page at www.wiredfool.com produces an empty rss feed, and a 4 item scripting news feed.

This impression seems to compare with the spec posted at http://my.userland.com/stories/storyReader$11

eric