Re: Confused about the working group.

Author:Dennis Peterson

I have a different question: why did the process up until now have to be confidential?

Tim Berners-Lee invented the web just between himself and a couple friends. Now anyone who wants to participate in a significant way has to pony up $5000/yr. Everybody else gets to conform to whatever they come up with.

Meanwhile, the hottest new protocol going was invented by a lone 19-year-old.

Just being grouchy, I guess, 'cause I'm not a "powerful businesses or public sector entity." Tim's one of my heroes--but I think the w3c forgets where a lot of innovation happens. I understand the need to keep discussion at a high level, but a $500/yr (max) individual membership would be nice.