Manila and the "leading edge in Frontier development"

Author:Raymond Yee

Dave Winer wrote that:

The leading edge in Frontier development is in Radio UserLand right now. It is basically Frontier with the outliner on top in the user interface instead of the object database. No Manila, and no mainResponder. A limit of 5 simultaneous net connections. Radio.root and Frontier.root are virtually identical. There's a Developers sub-menu of the Radio menu that lifts the hood, when you do that, you'll see something totally familiar.

I can understand why Userland is putting its current focus on Radio Userland. My question is where does that leave Manila, especially given that RU doesn't have Manila. Is Manila is still being actively developed by Userland? That is, can we expect any major improvements in Manila to come from Userland.

My colleagues and I will be giving a talk next week at UC Berkeley to other campus web developers about weblogs/content management systems/Manila/RSS/syndication. I can imagine that we will be asked about the future of Manila.