Re: Manila and the "leading edge in Frontier development"

Author:Dave Winer

Raymond, we're focusing on Radio UserLand but already are generating internal "RFC"s for the next steps with Manila. The goal will be to open it up more so that developers can do more with plug-ins. When we get there, we'll need developers to help us with this, so start thinking about it now please.

Also note that Radio UserLand is key part of Manila, so in a sense when we work on Radio UserLand, we are also working on Manila. It's pretty nice to be able to edit all your templates, the home page and stories in an outliner.

We do think of these things when we're developing products. And RU is the continuation of the vision. Editing in a browser is great, but it also sucks. I think I said something like that in a DaveNet piece in May 1999. I know I talked a lot about "Corazon" and then "Pike" which is now "Radio UserLand".

A long and winding road.

With cheesecake..

"cheesecake"