Re: It's OPML

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/16/2000; 6:19:48 PM
Topic:Outline XML files need a name

Sorry I disagree, it's a file format, not a protocol.

I've been doing outliners for 22 years. This is not my first outliner file format. I think of the information as display hints. Without that basic information the outliner would not be usable. That's my opinion, but it's based on a lot of experience.

Right now we have no thoughts for OPML beyond what you see on the site. We're gearing up for the endgame for a product ship.