Re: Radio UserLand feature list with pics & pointers

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/17/2000; 10:48:43 AM
Topic:crawling out of the cave...

Phil, no doubt, from your pov it's just Frontier, and that's why I called your attention to it. The bugfixes and new features, and new op callbacks, are going into Frontier. They make a big difference. They're also locking down, we won't be able to change them later. (In fact there are some weirdnesses that I'm loathe to change now for fear of breakage.) The core thing to look at are nodetypes, and the script structure which is like Responders, that they define.

http://radiodiscuss.userland.com/stories/storyReader$689

It's not just about UI, there's also a new architecture in there. Of course it's OK to be a customer, however some people have said they want to be thought of as developers. To be serious about that, it's time to have a look. (Not directed to you Phil.)

It's hard work to do all this architecture, programming, user support, UI design, and then to have to twist arms to get people to even look at it. It's such a pattern. Then people are going to ask why they weren't consulted. I want to be sure I have a pointer for them when that time comes.

"gandhi"