Re: Asking Tim

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/19/2000; 9:52:32 PM
Topic:Asking Tim

Look, too many words have already been wasted on this.

I know why I wasn't invited, O'Reilly sent me an email that explained that he didn't like what I was saying, I guess he didn't know that his company was marketing RSS. That the company was involved was provable. They ran ads, did a whole rollout, all one-sided. That they were going to use the name RSS was a surprise. And I got an endless stream of threatening emails from Tim. I finally had enough and posted one of them.

http://www.scripting.com/images/emailFromTimOreilly.gif

He says very clearly that I will be "excluded" from O'Reilly events. That was the term he used. The question was for the other people who were there, Ozzie, Stutz, Gillmor, Kan. If O'Reilly is going to keep playing organizer of "summits", it involves them, they should know. Now they do.

I don't need to ask Tim anything. Anyway, my net connection sucks tonight, so I'm off the air.