Re: anti flame capsule - emotional amplification

Author:Joshua Allen
Posted:9/20/2000; 11:09:42 PM
Topic:anti flame capsule

This happens for two different reasons: Since text is lacking tonal and visual context, we have a tendency to over-interpret any emotional content that does exist. In addition, we tend to respond to someone's emotional state by expressions of similar intensity. Both of these tendencies have been substantiated in academic research.

Wow!! I never would have expected this; in fact, I would have expected the opposite to be true. Shows how dangerous it is to assume that everyone behaves the same as you. I'm really interested in any similar research on psychology online if you come across other cool things..