Re: Almost Notes

Author:Brad Pettit
Posted:9/25/2000; 8:54:51 AM
Topic:Almost Notes

>>Radio Userland is powerful in an extraordinarily new fashion that >>*could never have been* Notes' destiny.

I haven't followed Notes for almost a decade; all my experience with it was after I shipped MORE 3.1 and we stopped developing MORE at Symantec. I had set up a Notes server and played with it, but kept thinking "wouldn't it be cool if we were networking MORE like this?"

The biggest thing stopping Notes from being an RU-type product would not have been the lack of a practical Internet. Nor the lack of MP3. Nor pricing. At that time the world was just too caught up in WYSIWYG, something Notes wasn't. And RU plays a little closer to the edge, somewhere Lotus wasn't.