Cheney?

Author:Jeff A. Campbell
Posted:9/26/2000; 12:12:08 AM
Topic:Cheney?

Strange. Why would I want to squelch it?

I'd much rather have either McCain or Powell running as VP than Cheney.

For that matter, I'd rather have McCain or Powell running as President with Bush or someone else taking the VP slot. One thing either of those two men have in spades is intelligence, but Bush is kind of a wildcard in that department (remains to be seen).

Either way, it probably won't happen. It would be an act of desperation, which I don't think we'll be seeing when the race is so close. If he drops down 15 points, we'll see.