Re: Cheney?

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:9/26/2000; 10:43:35 AM
Topic:Cheney?

Mike,

I want George Bush to win. I want the Republicans to win a majority in the House and Senate.

Generally, I can't stand the Democratic Party and want to see it go away. I hope that the Republican victories come to pass in 2000 and 2004 so that by the time 2008 elections arrive, nobody will try to bring back democratic (small "d") ideas because the United States will have changed so much for the better.

I am not part of the religious right, I don't believe in racism (regardless of any race that engages in it), I don't have religious bias, nor am I against homosexuals.

Here is what I want:

1) Bring the troops home. No more military police actions involving US forces.

2) Eliminate Foreign Aid and use the money along with item one to fix the problems here in the US. Yes, I'm an "America First ", person. Using the savings from eliminating those policies to implement these instead:

2a) The problems of education in America need to be addressed. Build new schools, increase salaries of teachers, train more teachers, modernize facilities, give families choice of what schools their children attend.

2b) Rebuild inner-cities by building new homes in place of the old apartment complexes. Provide solid training to lower income people who have needed help to adjust to the new economy.

2c) Provide free medical care for the elderly and add free nursing care to that group too.

3) Seal our borders! I am all in favor of legal immigration but absolutely want to stop illegal immigration, period.

When we have solved those issues we will have become a much better country for all of its citizens.

In fact, and I've said this before, if Bush gets elected I plan to leave the US and even give up my US citizenship (and I was born here).

Until the Republicans separate themselves from the religious right and get over their racism, religious bias, & homophobia, if any Republican ever becomes president, I plan to leave the country.

That's entirely in your right to do so. I'll be here having the time of my life! ;-)

Don