spyonit and RU

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:9/28/2000; 4:59:12 PM
Topic:spyonit and RU

I was poking around spyonit.com today - which notifies you when various things like auctions, tv listings, websites, etc. update or match some criteria you specify - and thought how cool it would be to be able to 'track' various things like "tell me when Dave's playlist has updated" or "whenever Joe Cool posts an article to the DG let me know" etc. etc.

And I see that they have a "spy builder" site ... wonder how hard it would be to get it to talk xml-rpc or some other integration...

http://developer.spyonit.com/index.jsp

Try out the main page first to see how it works.. It woudl be interesting if spyonit could Instant message you via the RU instant messaging mechanism - like it can for AOL IM, Microsoft IM, etc. etc.

http://www.spyonit.com/Home

For instance here is a "spy" that would message you whenever CamWorld updated:

http://www.spyonit.com/Add?_spyid=morbus_CamWorld.com