discuss.userland.com is taking a holiday

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/29/2000; 5:01:51 PM
Topic:discuss.userland.com is taking a holiday

I just changed the configuration of this DG, only editors can post. Basically this puts the DG into read-only mode. If you have a comment you want to post in response to something on Scripting News, post it on some other site, and send me a pointer and I'll read it. If I feel it adds an important fact or point of view I'll point to it on Scripting News.

I don't think people have been getting the point, I'm still spending a lot of time responding to messages that put me in a defensive corner. It's a total waste of my time. If you want improvements in the software, you're defeating your own interest, it takes time to attend to people who are complaining.

So if you have a complaint, find some other space, and we'll do the best we can. If you can somehow *not* express the complaint and tell us specifically what's not working, that would save us even more time, leaving more time to improve the software and our services.

Also, please don't send me email apologizing or flaming or further embroiling me in your needs or emotions. I've given all I can to this. I want a vacation from this discussion group, and sending me private email is probably the worst thing you could do. Please.

"cheesecake"