Re: Election Day on the DG

Author:Boaz
Posted:11/7/2000; 6:10:08 PM
Topic:Election Day on the DG

I can't vote, 'cause I am still not yet a citizen. My wife won't for Gore, who is also my pick.

Enough intro ... I was very surprised when I first found out that we are not casting our vote for the presidential candidates, but for the electors. The most interesting thing is, I didn't hear it here, but in HK, where the Chinese government is using the American voting system to say that the voting system in HK is more democratic than the one in use here -- which is, of course, not true. But, I was still very surprised when I found that out.