Re: Election Day on the DG

Author:Joshua Allen
Posted:11/7/2000; 10:57:28 PM
Topic:Election Day on the DG

Wow!!!  This is an incredible election, no doubt about it.  It is looking now as if Nader can be the deciding factor.  Interesting thought about the way that the networks call states, and flip-flop -- suppose that many voters on the west coast (where I'm from), had watched CNN's call of Florida, thought, "Gore is in good shape, I'll do my part and help Nader get his 5% so we can have a three-party system."  If people had voted on that basis, and the Nader vote had ultimitely cost Gore the election, what might that have said about the habits of the networks to make predictions?

(And by extension, what does that say about people voting for candidates based on who they think will win rather than who represents their ideas most accurately?) ... I'm not sure, but interesting to consider.