Re: The best site?

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:11/8/2000; 3:29:39 PM
Topic:The best site?

I agree with CNN.com as the best election result coverage. They never went down and they even had county-by-county votes for those that cared. Too bad they jumped the gun so much.

For the best network coverage, in hindsight I'd give it to PBS and their online site - they were the last network to call states and the election and ended up being dead-on-balls right. Very responsible, if not very popular at the time. The online service wasn't the greatest, but it was the only one that was both up-to-date and accurate.

I'd like to add a nomination for washingtonpost.com for having the best who-the-hell-actually-won coverage starting this morning. Rather than just say that things in Florida are up in the air, they are breaking down specific issues and giving real analysis. Good reporting and I've not yet run across anything similar anywhere else.