scriptingNews outline for 12/24/2000

Author:Dave Winer

NY Times editorial: The Dot-Com Bubble Bursts. "The current sense of despair in the dot-com universe may be as overdone as last year's euphoria. The Internet, after all, really is a transforming technology that has revolutionized the way we communicate."

Radio bug report. Open an outline stored locally. Bring it to the front. Choose Add Bookmark from the Bookmarks menu. Close the window. Choose the file in the BM menu. Error. The filename in the generated script is incorrect. On Windows the path delimiter is backslash, which must be escaped in string constants. (It was probably only tested on the Mac.)

A great holiday movie: Mr. Holland's Opus.

Shelia's new directory.

Beautiful new design at Evhead.

Today and tomorrow are good days to focus on what's good and wholesome, positive and fun.

And then we can get on with Y2K++. ";->"

"cheesecake"