scriptingNews outline for 1/9/2001

Author:Dave Winer

DaveNet: What is Integrity?

It was short day on Scripting News, meetings and other stuff around town. I didn't go to MacWorld Expo. Did you?

MacWEEK: Apple's Expo announcements. "Apple will bundle OS X as the default OS on systems beginning this July."

Inside.Com: "Jobs is quoted as saying: ''If enough people see the machine you won't have to convince them to architect cities around it. It'll just happen.'''

Today's bounces have a philosophical theme. ";->"

NY Times: Time to Publish Magazine About Web. "Our magazine itself is completely independent, and we will write about the world in any way we want to. I have complete editorial independence."

First Monday: The expansion of the patent system.

Today's Bionic Page: Patent News.

Microsoft's SharePoint: "The new server provides knowledge management -- seamlessly integrating with the Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows productivity desktop environment."

NY Times: Minds Meet Online.

My entry is on page 3. "The average IQ of Silicon Valley entrepreneurs is zooming to its former stratospheric levels."

Pigdog: Things to say when you're losing a technical argument. "1. It won't scale."