Re: Re: Do you use a Palm Pilot?

Author:Sten Linnarsson
Posted:10/12/1998; 2:22:14 PM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

A few more suggestions for making Pilot-friendly sites:

AvantGo sucks down a site by following links (optionally ignoring off-site links) to a specified level (number of hops). Make the main page point only to off-site pages and on-site stories, NOT to static unchanging stuff like help, about, archives etc. Make a single link that points to an info page (brief) that further points to archives etc. This way we can all choose how much of the Scripting News data flow we want by adjusting the link depth and the off-site option. Personally I'd like to try "Follow off-site links" and link depth=2, but may have to turn off off-site links if they are too numerous or image-rich.

/Sten