Re: Pull

Author:Sten Linnarsson
Posted:10/13/1998; 11:38:40 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

The history feature sounds like what's already there in IE4 (except I can't use it because it invariably throws my NT into an infinite 100œPU spin).

Improving on the history idea, why not index the full content of all documents viewed, on-the-fly. That index could be searchable, it could provide a basis for categorizing the history file (and migrate often-visited pages into the bookmarks file), and it could be compared to an existing big index (e.g. Excite) to give the user suggestions of other documents they might want to read that are related to what they've seen (kind of like Alexa).

We clearly need a plug-in architecture for this idea to work.

/Sten