Re: Re: Re: Glossaries on Nirvana

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:10/18/1998; 8:25:35 PM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

Dave,

Check out http://www.ceiss.org/ -- specifically, the 'related information' box in the side-bar. When you click on one of the keywords, it brings you to a page that shows all of the pages (titles, descriptions and urls) associated with that keyword. You can click on a title to go to that page. Note that a traditional indexing/crawling search engine is *not* involved. It's pure database lookups and associations.

In the finalFilter, I associate the URL of the page with all of the words in #metaKeywords. When you want to know what's related to a keyword, it finds all the URLs that have that word in the #metaKeywords (it's stored in a database).

I haven't tried implementing your search engine for my site yet, but if it isn't looking at metaKeywords and metaDescription when it indexes, it should be. And all stories/articles/etc. should have appropriate metaKeywords and metaDescriptions.

Without that kind of support info to go by, search engines aren't going to be as accurate.

Jim