Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MDI envirorment?

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:10/21/1998; 9:15:50 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

I use a tool called Control Center from Stardock, which gives me, among other things, virtual desktops. I can drag windows from desktop to desktop, and swich between them very easily.

http://www.roepcke.com/images/controlcenter.gif

(This sucker docks along the right side of my monitor and adjusts the desktop size accordingly. My monitor is set to 1280x1024 resolutions, which is why the control center is SO tall.)

If Frontier wasn't MDI, I could put frontier table windows on different desktops with other applications, like web browser windows, or Access, etc.

Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, but I wanted to explain my reason for wanting to break free of the MDI window.

Jim

PS: http://www.stardock.com/products/odnt/cc/