Re: Re: Apple vs Microsoft re Quicktime

Author:ashebanow@earthlink.net
Posted:11/11/1998; 3:45:17 PM
Topic:First message

FWIW, I think both tblanchard and xxx are both right:

MS and Mindcraft's response is disingenuous: you can't say that Apple screwed up by not installing the correct undocumented registry keys.

Apple screwed up, too: they didn't include all the correct file suffices in their NS plugin header, and their complaints about having to write an ActiveX control sound pretty lazy to me. After all, the NS plugin api is far from standard: NS never even documented it completely.