Time

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/22/1998; 6:15:26 AM
Topic:Testing a new feature.

Ahhh, I knew I'd leave a lot of things out..

Another important way, but again, not a primary way of viewing information is over time.

Every bit of data that enters our new system is cross-indexed in a calendar. The only publicly visible calendar is the one on the new home page, but there are a few other calendars scattered around. You'll see them appear in the user interface, still not exactly sure how or where.

In the time view, you can easily find out what happened on a specific day, so for example if you know that Sun filed suit against Microsoft on 10/7/97, you might want to look at the Scripting News home page for that day:

http://nirvana.userland.com/scriptingNews/97/10/07

Dave