Re: Let's get the truth

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/17/1998; 4:41:06 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Clinton could certainly resign and I doubt that many Americans would be very upset about that. I wonder where the poll is on that one? How many people would be relieved if Clinton resigned?

Further, I would be really interested to see a poll that just included people who voted in the last presidential election. MSNBC reported on such a poll over the summer, and guess what, it was over 50 percent against Clinton, in favor of resignation. In other words, if you want an accurate reading of the electorate you have to poll the electorate.

Whether the Senate makes a good jury or not is something that hasn't been tested. I've been on jury duty myself, and found it a transformational experience. We all might be surprised about what happens when there's a trial and it might be a very good thing for all of us.

http://www.scripting.com/davenet/96/03/juryduty.html

I have a very good friend who, when she finds out that I'm scared of something, she says "Oh good, that's what we'll do!" Like I said, she's a very good friend. Fear is a marker, it tells you where growth is possible. If you always back off from your fear you never grow. I think the same is true for governments and electorates.

Dave