Re: Let's get the truth

Author:hbobrien@yahoo.com
Posted:12/18/1998; 4:00:55 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

A poll about who would feel relieved by Mr. Clinton resigning would be interesting, but not relevant. As I said when I started this thread, such a poll would look at why *other* people would resign, but not give a reason why *Bill Clinton* would believe he should resign. There has yet to be such a reason given.

Leon Panetta, who knows Mr. Clinton far better than you or I, just said on CNN that he has said many times that if God Himself would ask Mr. Clinton to resign, Clinton's response would be, "No." (For those whose memory needs to be jogged, Mr. Panetta used to be White House Chief of Staff, among many other positions.)

I've been on two juries myself. I agree that it is a transformational experience. In my darker moments, I suspect that many of the memes loose in the culture about how one should always avoid jury duty were set loose by those who want to limit the jury pool. [shrug] For me, it was a blast, each time.

-- Hal