Re: This is serious stuff

Author:Richard Katz
Posted:12/19/1998; 2:28:09 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Dave,

>I assume what we have in common is that many of us are voters and >concerned citizens, with a stake in the outcome of this process.

That is what we have in common. I appologize for shouting over your head.

However, nothing I have said here is in any way racist, sexist, or hateful.

I think Rep. Livingston's resignation is a great loss, both to our country and to Lousiana. I certainly do not hate him.

I have been a great supporter of you, of your support of independent developers and your efforts to provide high-quality web software. A number of us in my office read your website regularly and enjoy your point of view.

I have been vocal about trading PAC funds for impeachment votes and where there is a political discussion about such things I would choose to speak out on it.

Apparantly your web site is not such a place. That is your choice. Possibly I have been mislead into believing that you wanted political discussions here because 1) they were going on before I signed up, 2) you have been vocal about such things yourself, and 3) your questionaire asks about our political views.

By stating my views here, I did not in any way try to constrain you to look consider certain facts, say that I thought you had done anything wrong or that I was blaming you for your view points. On many things I agree with you, as I stated.

But I was certainly not being racist or sexist. I can understand how in reading posts coming from outside your website, it is easy to infer things between the black and white and to see some hidden motivations or attacks behind the words. They just aren't there.

A great teacher once said, "I bless you that you shall only see the good in people." I have not always been so kind. I hope to get to that point. It is probably a good way to look at things and probably what this country needs.

If you have additional personal or policy problems you want to express, or if you don't believe that I understand something important, I would appreciate it if you would take up with me off-line first?? Thanks! You have my E-mail address.

Sincerely,

Richard Katz

PS: By the way, thanks for including "wrap=soft" in the