Re: bigger than themselves

Author:George Doughton
Posted:12/20/1998; 7:39:30 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

I have a great of respect for people who will act on their principles even even when I disagree very strongly. I would respect Bill Clinton if I could understand what he really stands for. It appears that he stands for whatever works at the moment. I am sure I would like Bill Clinton as a person if I were to talk to him, but have serious problems with him as the most powerful person in the world.

For those who place value on political correctness, "a bunch of religious fanatics" sounds pretty "mean spirited" if not actually hate speech.