Re: Cardboard cutout people

Author:peter solderitsch
Posted:12/20/1998; 8:50:38 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

>>>1. We don't want Clinton impeached. But... <<

>>>2. If he was (and had been), that he should resign. <<

This i don't understand in the SLIGHTEST. The Republicans' main argument yesterday about why they HAD to vote for impeachment and not censure, was because they had an obligation to adhere STRICTLY to the tenets of the constitution exactly. That being the case, the constitution clearly states that the proper (and only) procedure for a president being impeached is a trial in the Senate. Why should Clinton be obligated to just up and resign after being officially *accused* (nothing more) of committing impeachable offenses? That's absurd. He has every right to continue to follow the procedure established by the Constitution. "Demanding" a resignation at this point is going against the spirit of the constitution.

Thanks, -Pete