Re: bigger than themselves

Author:Michel Benevento
Posted:12/20/1998; 9:16:15 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

To perhaps overstate it: This is the first time in the history of modern American politics when any party did something other than to look at the polls and then set the policy accordingly. Right now, they are destabilizing the whole world by this impeachment, which is intended for serious stuff like treason or abuse of power. The man lied about his sex life.

I am not saying that this should go unpunished, it's just that the measures should fit the crime. You can't go around impeaching presidents every time you start disliking (or even distrusting) them. That's why it only happened once before well over a century ago (?).

This extreme measure to me shows a hatred and a lack of proportion similar to other extremist factions. I think the Republicans who are driving this impeachment (a vocal ultra-right minority) genuinely believe God will strike down upon them with great vengeance if this immoral and depraved madman in the White House isn't stopped. If you disagree, can you give another explanation why they are alienating 2/3 of the voters right now?