the law?

Author:Tracey Pritchett
Posted:12/20/1998; 10:08:10 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

I know you've heard it a million times, but the congressmen may possibly have ignored 'popular opinion' in order to enforce the law.

Would you have felt any better about the decision had popular opinion gone the other way (ie, 2/3 for removal of Prez from office)?

I'd hope that regardless of the polls, each lawperson would vote their conscience. In other words, the vote would have turned out the same way no matter what the opinion polls were.

Otherwise, I'd half agree with you if the lying [about sex] hadn't occured during a very relevant [sexual harassment] lawsuit. I think the only argument one can seriously make against this inquiry/impeachment is that the Prez never should have been made to go through a lawsuit of that nature during his tenure.

I feel very strongly about sexual harassment lawsuits, and am very discouraged that an elected official, esp the Prez, so easily dismisses the importance of being honest under oath during a sexual harassment lawsuit.

An apology would have been very redeeming. It took him [can't remember how long] to issue an apology to Monica Lewinsky (for making her appear like a liar).