Re: Clinton takes the Fifth?

Author:Bruce Wyman
Posted:12/20/1998; 5:00:34 PM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

If the president tossed about the fifth ammendment and said that prosecutors need to work harder, he would simply be seen as being evasive and as another variation of "Slick Willie". Too many of the judgements regarding this whole issue are made as snap judgements and telling someone that the system needs to be made to work like it really should seems a bit too esoteric for the average person.

Dave, while I like the thought that people think about what they say and do, I suspect that people like to be given their opinions and told what to think and fear. It's easier, it takes less effort, and is generally comfortable since you'll fit into the herd. It's safe there.

That's not to say that there isn't a wonderful minority of folks who think, but key to that is the word 'minority'.