Re: Getting the URL of the Front IE Window w/ VBScript

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:12/20/1998; 6:21:54 PM
Topic:Getting the URL of the Front IE Window w/ VBScript

The context is not a web page but the Microsoft Script Control. (I think this translates to the global VBScript context.) I had hoped there was a way through COM to get the front window URL, but it appears that DDE is the way to go.

Unfortunately, VBScript does not contain DDE functionality.

Instead, there's a Frontier DDE DLL that I've modified to return the URL and title of the frontmost window. I've tested it with MSIE, it should work the same in Netscape. So: thanks for reminding me about DDE -- the problem is now solved.