Re: scheduler.monitor review/rewrite

Author:John Nicholas
Posted:12/20/1998; 8:34:30 PM
Topic:Work on builtins.scheduler

>You wrote: Removed user.scheduler.startingup and user.scheduler.prefs.reschedule. These two confusing flags were there so that when Frontier is starting up the user can have the option of not running tasks whose time had come to run. >I wrote: I have relied on this feature. Is there something in it's place? >You wrote: Please explain how you rely on it.

If my computer is off or Frontier is not running when the scheduler should call a script, I get the option offered to run the script when Frontier restarts. Frontier might not be launched because my daughter was using the MAC and she likes to reboot first. It could be down because of a power outage (the hair dryer and iron at the same time blow the breaker).

>You wrote this on the 18th: This morning I opened up the Frontier scheduler and added a bunch of power, some convenience, and got it ready for Frontier 6. >I wrote: You also mention redoing user.scheduler as a builtin for 6.0 - Is all this part of the change.

I'm sorry it was my assumption on the builtin. But what are the plans for user.scheduler in 6.0