Re: Getting the URL of the Front IE Window w/ VBScript

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:12/21/1998; 3:37:12 AM
Topic:Getting the URL of the Front IE Window w/ VBScript

Sten Linnarsson wrote:

"I've been playing with Frontier and COM. As I understand it, Frontier is currently only a COM server. If you could make it work as a client too (hint!), you could do what you wanted more elegantly (assuming IE's COM works the way it should)."

Aye, there's the rub, it appears that IE's COM doesn't work the way it should. Or, at least, I can't get it to work.

About Frontier as a COM client -- what do you think of the idea of running VBScript, JScript, and PerlScript scripts in Frontier? These languages are built for COM.